Lend the Love is a resource for peer-to-peer renting and selling everything wedding. Meaning you rent and sell directly to others within your community!
It is free to sign up on Lend the Love and free to list items – so the more you list, the more likely you are to make a sale or have a rental! The only fees associated with the site is a 10% service fee that is taken out of the sale or rental price – not added on top for the customers. The amount that is taken out of your rental/ selling price is previewed for you when you set up an item so there are never any surprises. Price accordingly!
- Sign up for a personal PayPal account. This is necessary so that you can be paid when others rent or purchase your items. If you have a PayPal account, this step can be skipped.
- Visit www.lendthelove.com
- Click “Sign Up” in top right corner
- An email will be sent to you. Confirm the email to finalize the account.
- Edit profile. To get to this screen, first click the down arrow next to your name and click “Profile”, then click “Edit profile” under the generic profile picture. Include your name, location (zip code is sufficient), a picture, a bio, etc. and save information. Steps shown below.
Your PayPal account needs to be linked to your Lend the Love account so that funds can be received once others rent your buy your items.
- Click the down arrow next to your name and select “settings”
- On the left-hand navigation bar, select “Payments”
- Select “Connect your PayPal account”, log into PayPal and grant permission
- You will be redirected back to Lend the Love’s marketplace where you should see a notification that your PayPal account has been connected (shown below)
- Grant permission to charge a transaction fee by clicking the button that says “Grant Permission”, log into PayPal, Agree and Continue
- You should then be redirected back to Lend the Love marketing and see a confirmation that the set-up is complete.
Note that users purchasing and renting from others can do so with any major credit card. It is not limited to just using PayPal. This is simply how funds will be distributed to those selling or renting out their items.
- At www.lendthelove.com, click “Post a new listing” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the category for the theme of the item. For any miscellaneous items, select other.
- Identify if you are selling your item or just renting out the item.
- If you are selling the item, it will ask for your delivery method (either shipping or pick up – if shipping, it will ask for how much you would like to charge as a shipping fee)
- If you are renting out the item, you will be prompted to select from a drop-down menu the length of time you are renting out the item for (day or weekend)
- Create title, detailed description, price, location (zip code is acceptable), upload images and save listing.
- When setting the price, it will preview the amount that will be taken out of the selling/ or rental price. Set your prices accordingly.
Now, you are ready to rent out and sell your items to others in your community! If you have any questions or would like to be walked through the process, we would be happy to help! Email Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.